THE LANDSCAPE CAN BE EXPLORED COMFORTABLY IN BÄR SHOES
Clear air, the calm of the mountains and the varied nature. Small breaks with a picnic and a cozy atmosphere in huts and beautiful panoramic views. Hikers and mountain lovers immediately become alert. However, hours of hiking through mountains, landscapes and nature are often associated with pain in the feet caused by unsuitable hiking boots. Then the long way can often become not only an experience, but each step for a distress. The shoes are by far the most important piece of equipment, because no piece of clothing is exposed to such stress. But what exactly do you have to consider when choosing hiking shoes?
The market is huge and in search of hiking boots you are quickly overwhelmed. What many do not know: Hiking shoe does not mean hiking shoe. There are touring shoes, hiking shoes, hiking boots, trekking shoes and mountain boots. Depending on the tour ahead, the appropriate footwear should also be adapted.
THE RIGHT HIKING BOOT FOR EVERY REQUIREMENT - THE DIFFERENCES
The hiking-shoe: With a half shoe or touring boot you are fully equipped! Both shoes have in contrast to the touring shoe more weight and are made of more robust upper material. Hiking shoes are super suitable, for example, for pilgrimage hikes such as the Camino de Santiago. With hiking boots you hike sure-footed and protected through any terrain.
The shoe for easy hiking: Hiking boots can withstand a lot and give enough support even on a medium to difficult terrain. In the area of the ankles you have a higher stability, so that you do not fall over on challenging trails. They are made of sturdy materials and the sole construction is harder overall.
The shoe for challenging hiking: The challenging tour! Proper hiking boots give the most stability and can withstand even demanding 2-3 week tours. With durable, breathable and softly padded material is no longer in the way of the hiking marathon. In addition, the heavier the preceding tour, the more robust the shoes.
HIKING SHOES UPPER MATERIAL
Sustainable, environmentally conscious cow nubuck leather gives the shoe the highest quality. Cow nubuck can better process moisture in the shoe and leather adapts to your own foot shape over the course of the day. You'll have a better foot climate inside the shoe, which adds to the feel-good factor. Even in dry cold weather, your foot will stay drier and warmer.
Lightweight mesh - textile inserts provide comfort, ventilation and durability. With the scree guard around the hiking boot, dirt or mud are no longer a concern. Cleaning has never been easier!
For more information on the construction of our hiking boots, click here:
THIS IS WHAT YOUR SHOE SHOULD FEATURE!
• Tight lacing for stability of the ankle
• Stiff shoe sole to have grip on any surface
•Scree guard for a quick clean
• 100% toe clearance for balance of body statistics
• Breathable upper
• a good degree of cushioning to relieve the body with each step
• Good foot climate
AND THIS IS WHAT YOU CAN LOOK FOR ON THE DAY OF YOUR FITTING
• Test your selected shoe extensively
• Bring your hiking socks and insole with you to try them on
• Test half a size larger and smaller
• If you still wear thick socks, it is better to buy one size too big
• It is best to try on your hiking shoes in the evening, because your feet will expand by a few millimeters during the day.
CLEANING TIPS FOR HIKING SHOES
Cleaning and care are very important to keep the shoe as long as possible. Hiking boots with cow nubuck leather need more care, as the leather would otherwise lose its properties due to difficult weather conditions and constant use.
Very coarse dirt and mud or mud can be removed with a sponge and warm water. Occasionally also remove the interior of sweat salts and allow to dry well.
To make the leather shiny again and last longer, you can use the NATURAL PROTECTOR before use to shield the shoe from environmental influences.
To care for the nubuck leather can use the PFLEGE-LOTION to make the leather last longer and protect it from environmental influences.
When hiking, you sweat a lot in your shoes. To remove unpleasant odors, we recommend TRAINER FRESH for neutralizing the smell in your shoe. For hygenic freshness in the whole shoe.
No room in your backpack for several shoe cleaning products? No problem! With the CLEANSING KIT you have 2 products with which you can super free your hiking shoe from dirt.
• All shoes should be stored in an airy room with normal temperature. Shoes should never be put away in the basement because the moisture of the room is too high. Also, for hiking shoes, if they are left in the closet for too long, the sole may come off the next time they are used. The sole will dry out and slowly break apart.
• If you have been out in the rain or the humidity has been very high, allow the shoe to dry thoroughly. Never put all shoes with genuine leather on the heater or use an additional heat source. If leather dries too quickly, it becomes brittle and loses its elasticity.